CL01 Crane Design
in accordance with EN 13001 series of standards
Master the scientific basis and the essential rules of crane design, in accordance with EN 13001 series of standards (with equivalent ISO standards)
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
• Classify a crane or a component
• Evaluate individually and thereafter combine crane load actions
• Verify structural or mechanical components in order to prevent hazards due to yielding, brittle fracture, buckling or fatigue
Good understanding of strength of materials.
Alternating theory and practice, including short exercises. Please bring along a scientific calculator.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for Engineering Designers, Engineers, Consultants, Inspectors from Crane Manufacturers, Crane Operators who need to optimize their technical specifications for purchase of new cranes or to check design calculations, for instance, in Construction, Port Services, Steel or Nuclear Plants etc.
- Classification of cranes and structure or mechanical components
- Determination of regular, occasional and exceptional loads due to hoisting of a load; skewing loads, accelerations, in service and out service winds and Tests
- Load combinations adopting Limit states method
- Proof of integrity of structural elements (brittle fracture, yielding, welded and bolted connections, instability such as bulging and buckling and fatigue)
- Proof of integrity of mechanical components involving wire ropes, wheel or rail contacts, load lifting attachments and bearings
- Presentation of ISO 11031 “Principles for seismically resistant design”
- PS: For most of the European standards, there are ISO equivalent which are summarised below:
- ISO 4301 equivalent to EN 13001-1 (Classification)
- ISO 8686 & ISO 4302 equivalent to EN 13001-2 (Loads & loads combination)
- ISO 20332 equivalent to EN 13001-3-1 (Proof of Structural Components)
- ISO 16625 rev equivalent to EN 13001-3-2 (Wire Ropes)
- ISO 168881 rev equivalent to EN 13001-3-3 (Wheel / Rail Contacts)
- ISO 17096 equivalent to EN 13155 (Load lifting attachments)
This course will be carried out by Mr. Bruno DEPALE, a Structural Analysis expert and a French representative in the European Crane Design Standards Committee.
Bruno is Structural Analysis Expert of CETIM (Technical Institute of the French mechanical industry). He works mainly in the fields of machine design, steel construction and has expertise in a wide range of machines, but with a focus on cranes. Since 2004, he has been French delegate in
His fields of interest cover structural analysis based on FEA (Abaqus), private studies dealing with proofs and strength of structures or mechanical components, projects dealing with RLA (Residual Life Assessment) of structures/machines and training for knowledge transfer to industry (87 sessions).
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
- Expertise of failure modes
- Design support and optimization of machines
- Seismic resistant design calculations
- Training (cranes design, RLA, fatigue)
- Management of professional working groups
- EN 13001 series of standards – Crane design : Project Leader of parts EN 13001-3-4
« bearings » and prEN 13001-3-8 « shafts »
- ARCELORMITTAL : RLA of the runway of a 300 ton bridge crane
- SOLETANCHE BACHY : Structural analysis of the design of a new drilling machine
- AIRBUS : RLA of load manipulating devices for A380 Program
Career: 1.5 years as research engineer at MESSIER BUGATTI (landing gears, SAFRAN Group) and structural engineer at CETIM since 1992. Structural Analysis Expert since 2016.
Academic: Mechanical Engineering and Production, Engineer, EUDIL, 1989
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to email@example.com
Course Name: CL01 Crane Design in accordance with EN 13001 series of standards (Equivalent ISO Standards)
Course Date: 4th Nov 2019 to 6th Nov 2019 (Mon to Wed)
Closing Date: Closing Date: 27th Sep 2019
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 2,200 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
Early Bird: 10% Discount! Registration must reach us by 6th Sep 2019 or
Group Discount: : SGD 1,800.00 per person (exclude GST), minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.