EF 01 Structure Analysis Initiation with Finite Element Analysis
Use finite element analysis for dimensioning structures.
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
• understand the basis of finite element analysis
• develop new model
• build structures inside a finite element software
• analyse finite element model results
Good understanding of strength of materials.
Use of theory and practice together for better understanding
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for Design Engineers, Engineers and Engineering Consultants.
- Mechanical prerequisite
- Finite element method overview
- Boundary conditions
- Stress and strain
- Help in Checking model’s accuracy
- Practical Exercises with 2D Models:
- Plain stress
- Practical exercises with 3D Models:
Practice is carried out with Castor Concept Software.
This formation generates discussions between trainees in order to develop skills in model choice, creation and validation.
This course will be conducted by Mr. Romain Duval, a Structural Analysis Expert at Cetim. He has been Project Leader of many private studies dealing with structural analysis
Romain DUVAL work as mechanical FEA analyst in the simulation team of CETIM.
His fields of interest cover structural analysis based on FEA (NX Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus), private studies dealing with proofs and strength of structures or mechanical components, and training for knowledge transfer to industry
Career: Mechanical engineer at CETIM since 2008
Graduate: UTC engineer (2008) – “Génie des systèmes Mécaniques”
Finite Element Analysis:
- Static analysis
- Non-linear (contact, large displacement, non-linear material etc.)
- Vibration :
- Modal analysis
- Response spectrum (earthquake)
- Time History
- Harmonic response
- Random vibration
Finite Element Analysis:
- Leader of EF01 teaching (formely L03) – Introduction to Finite Element Analysis
- Teacher and support for NX Nastran & Ansys Software
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
- Complex structure mechanical design
- Flow rectifier (AREVA)
- Eiffel Tower’s finite element model
- Resistance to eartquake
- Vertical pump (SULZER)
- Lifting equipment (OMPR)
- French collective studies (Manutention Lifting Storage)
- Vertical impacts in crane bridges
- Cable winding on drum
- Non-linear analysis of slewing rings with ball contacts
- Vibration fatigue analysis
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to email@example.com
Course Name: EF 01 Structure Analysis Initiation with Finite Element Analysis
Course Date: 5th Nov 2019 – 7th Nov 2019 (Tue to Thu)
Closing Date: 23rd Sep 2019
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 1,800.00 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
Early Bird: 10% Discount, i.e. SGD 1,620 per person for registration on or before 2nd September 2019 or
Group Discount: SGD 1,620.00 per person (exclude GST), minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.