K 72: Threaded Assemblies: Essential Design Rules
Understanding and applying threaded connections design rules
Upon completion of the training course, attendees will be able to:
- Use appropriate practical rules to design threaded connections
- Design or improve threaded connections according to industry standards (NF E 25-030, etc.).
Knowledge in mechanical design
Technical presentations including theory, exercises, demonstrations, practical examples; punctuated with discussion and questioning from attendees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Engineers and design office and process planning technicians
- Standards and characteristics of fasteners
- Morphology of screws and threaded studs
- Threads dimensions
- Mechanical properties of screws and threaded studs
- Stainless steel fasteners
- Nuts and threaded parts
- Designation of fasteners
- Dynamic properties of fasteners
- Endurance limit of standardised fasteners
- Analysis of an assembly
- Assembly modelling
- Analytical model and behavior
- Flexibility of assembly components
- Assembly behavior
- Complex assembly, pre-load, external loads and off-center loading
- Functional pre-load
- Torque tightening of threaded assemblies
- Introduction to torque tightening and Torque – Tension relationship
- Friction coefficient characterization
- Notions of torque dispersion and tightening domain
- Process dispersion and tightening strategy
- Tightening stress
- Assembly design
- Topic summary and standardization
- Simplified procedure for common assembly complete procedure for structural assembly
- Practical design rules
- Design of fastened parts
- Design of assembly function, corrosion and untightening
Some of the examples will be illustrated with the use of finite element software (CASTER) for RDM calculation.
After the training, an examination is available for the participants via the internet.
It is based on a set of questions covering the essential points of the training with answers are supported by course reminders. A copy of this document may be saved and retained by the trainees.
This course will be conducted by Mr. Elric Leroy, a trainer on bolted assembly and Cetim Cobra Software
Trainer on bolted assembly and Cetim Cobra Software – active in the field of Bolted assemblies. Expertise in cold forming assemblies (riveting, clinching & etc…)
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
Feasibility studies and industrialization
• Help to choose assembly technologies and process selection
• Specific development product/process
Assemblies design (analytic and FEM dimensioning)
• Design analysis for different modes of mechanical loads (static, dynamic and cyclic)
• Design improvement solutions proposal
• Determination of the causes of the failure of assemblies
• Determining the causes of the failure of a process
• Proposals for corrective solutions, curative and preventive
Research and development
• Technical assistance for the research and development on the customer projects
• Participation in multi-material assemblies studies
• Training animation on bolted assemblies and Cetim Cobra Software (French and English)
Determination of the causes of the failure of assemblies and proposals for corrective, curative and preventive solutions for energy and mining industrials.
Choice of assembly technology and process selection for multi-material (steel – composite) for automotive industry. And others projects for various companies: Air Liquide, Technip, Bosch Rexroth, PSA, Thales, Liebherr mining, Saft, Valéo, Alstom, GE and etc…
• Production engineer (EIC CHERBOURG – 2005)
• CETIM (2006 – 2019) : Engineer in the Assembly department and project management
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Name: K 72: Threaded Assemblies: Essential Design Rules
Course Date: 07th Apr to 09th Apr 2020 (Tue-Thu)
Closing Date: 29th February 2020
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 1,800.00 per person (exclude GST)
Early Bird: 10% Discount! Registration must reach us by 01st February 2020 OR
Group Discount: SGD 1,620.00 per person (exclude GST), minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.