L 67: Tight Bolted Joints using EN 1591 Design Method
Design bolted flange joints according to the tightness level requirement by applying the theoretical and practical (case studies) knowledge of the European calculation standard series EN 1591
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
• Explain the gasket parameters measurements as specified in EN 13555,
• Understand and apply the calculations developed in EN 1591,
• Design bolted flange joints in accordance with EN 1591
Mechanical engineering background.
Alternating theory and practice through exercises and case studies using a dedicated software. Please bring along a scientific calculator.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Engineers working in the field of pressure vessel and piping design, gaskets manufacturers, plant operators and maintenance.
- EN 1591-1 Design Method and Associated Standards Presentation
- Introduction to EN 1591-1
- EN 1591-1 Design Method
- Hypothesis and principle
- Consideration for different bolted joint components such as flange, bolts and gaskets
- Consideration for different loadings such as pressure, differential thermal expansions, external loads etc.
- Calculation Algorithm
- Design to meet tightness requirements such as gasket effective surface and initial required tightening force for the bolt and tightening range definition regarding the tightening tool dispersion
- Mechanical integrity checks for the bolted flange joints and Load ratio calculation
- Comparison of EN 1591-1 versus Taylor Forge
- CAP1591 CETIM Software
- Case studies using CAP 1591 Software
- Introduction to the Gaskets Parameters used in EN 1591-1
- EN 13555: Test procedure for EN 1591-1 gasket parameters determination
- EN 1591-2: Tabulated values of generic gasket data
- Other sources of gaskets data
- Application and Case Studies using CAP1591 CETIM Software
This course will be carried out by Stephane Javanaud.
Graduated from Ecole Nationale Supérieur d’Ingénieurs de Bretagne Sud (ENSIBS), France in 2016
Experience in the field of bolted flange joints, elastomeric seals and Finite Element Analysis.
Materials and Design volume 156 (2018): Temperature-dependent modelling of a HNBR O-ring seal above and below the glass transition temperature. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2018.06.016).
ASME PVP 2018: Flange Gasket Behavior Characterization for Service in Arctic Environment (PVP2018-84284).
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Engineer in the sealing technologies Cetim’s Lab since 2016.
Gasket testing: definition of test procedures for gasket characterization and qualification for gasket manufacturers and end-users in the field of Oil & Gas, Nuclear and chemical industry
Bolted flange connection calculation:
Training for industry on bolted flange joints and EN1591 calculation method
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Name: L 67: Tight Bolted Joints using EN 1591 Design Method
Course Date: 05th Nov 2020 to 06th Nov 2020 (Thu to Fri)
Closing Date: 24th Sep 2020
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 1,200.00 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
Early Bird: SGD 1,100.00 per person (exclude GST)! Registration must reach us on or before 6th 27th August 2020, Thursday OR
Group Discount: SGD 1,100.00 per person (exclude GST) with minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.