M 04: References and Specifications for Metal Materials
Specify and reference steel, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminium and copper in accordance with the applicable standards. Avoid quality shortcomings and litigation with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and project owners.
Upon completion of the training, the participants will be able to:
• Identify the information contained in a European numerical designation and symbol system for steel, stainless steel, cast
iron, aluminium and copper; make a correlation between the old and new designations;
• Specify the materials and processing states in accordance with the applicable standards framework;
• Use the documentation provided containing the main characteristics of the different materials.
Alternating between theory and practice using case studies and tutorials.
RECOMMENDED FURTHER TRAININGS
M02 – Choice of steels for machine construction
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Engineers and technicians of Design Offices, production and measurement departments.
- Refresher on the definition of the mechanical characteristics of the materials and their use
- Traction, impact, hardness.
- European standardisation (CEN, ECISS, etc.).
- Steels and stainless steels
- Numerical steel designation systems and steel symbol systems. Symbols:
- Based on the mechanical characteristics (steels not to be treated);
- Or specific use (steels for cold forming);
- Based on the chemical composition (unalloyed and alloyed steels for heat treatment, stainless steels, tool steels).
- Case study.
- Cast irons
- Numerical cast iron designation systems and cast iron symbol systems. Main characteristics of the different cast iron categories.
- Case study.
- Aluminium and aluminium alloys
- Numerical wrought and cast aluminium designation systems and symbol systems.
- Symbols for different treatment states.
- Main characteristics of the different aluminium categories. Case study.
- Numerical designation and symbol systems for the different copper categories and metal symbols.
- Main characteristics of the different copper categories. Case study.
- Control documents
- Comparison of the properties of the different material classes and economic aspects
Mr. Claude LEBRETON is a technical expert in the field of specifications, references and characteristics of metals. He provides technical consultancy services to businesses and reviews material-related data for various industries.
Materials Engineer, PhD, Department of Metallurgy and Materials Science CWRU, Cleveland OH (USA)
More than 35 years of experience at CETIM, technical Centre for the French mechanical industries, in the field of metallic materials selection,
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
- Technical assistance in the fields of materials selection, definition of materials and treatments specifications
- Animation of trainings in the above fields,
- In charge of Studies dealing with materials data syntheses to meet the specific needs of different professions
- Member of different standardization Committees, convenor of CEN TC 153/WG 13.
In addition, monitors regulations concerning food contact materials
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Name: M 04: References and Specifications for Metal Materials
Course Date: TBA
Closing Date: TBA
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 1,200.00 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
Closing Date: 19th Apr 2019
Early Bird: 10% Discount! Registration must reach us by 1st Apr 2019 or
Group Discount: SGD 1,080 per person (exclude GST) with minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.