M12 Tribology: Friction, Wear and Lubrication of Mechanical Parts
Master the concepts of tribology to optimize the design and maintenance of your mechanical parts that are subjected to friction and wear.
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
• Explain the basic concepts of tribology (tribological system, friction coefficient, lubrication, wear, 3rd body, etc.)
• Identify the different modes of damage by wear
• Identify the influencing factors of a tribological system
• Select materials, treatments and/or coatings relevant to address friction or wear issues
Acquired knowledge in mechanics and notions in metallurgy.
Methodology alternating theory and practice through case studies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Engineers and technicians of design offices or maintenance services
- Fundamentals of tribology
- History and basic knowledge.
- Mechanics of contact.
- Notions of 3rd body
- Wear failure analysis
- Economic aspects.
- Different wear mechanisms (adhesion, abrasion, erosion, cavitation, fretting, contact fatigue, by electric arc, assisted by corrosion).
- Practical studies on concrete cases.
- Tribological simulation tests to characterize the tribological behavior of a material
- The different lubrication regimes (hydrostatic, hydrodynamic, elastohydrodynamic).
- Lubricants (oils, greases).
- Methods and criteria for choosing materials in tribology
- Coatings and surface treatments.
This course will be conducted Ms. Céline TREVISIOL, a technical expert trainer in the field of tribology, involved in consulting missions, expertise and technical assistance in company.
In our environment, there are many applications involving tribology which is the processes of friction and wear between two materials. Nevertheless, a considerable amount of energy is consumed to
overcome friction (in transport, industry and
efforts are devoted to introducing better tribological practices that require a better understanding of the different processes involved in friction situations. To progress in the mechanical engineering
industry, the tribological laboratory of CETIM is strongly involved in this topic
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
- Skills in tribology and metallurgy,
- Failure analysis and wear expertise for various tribological applications,
- Wear and friction testing,
- Choice of material solutions for tribological applications
- Trainer in tribology for operators, technicians and engineers in design office, maintenance or quality
Fields: Failure Analysis & Wear Testing & Choice of Materials
Project 1: Wear mechanisms analysis of steels, plastics and elastomers under different abrasion conditions for pipe components
Project 2: Development of a friction test to reproduce the contact between metallic materials and fibers for textile applications.
Project 3: Comparison of the tribological behavior of various surface treatments under various wear conditions (abrasion, fretting..) to increase the lifetime of mechanical components by reducing friction and wear.
Position:Tribological engineer at the laboratory of friction, wear and lubrification at the department of metallic materials and surfaces at CETIM.
- PhD in advanced mechanical engineering specialized in tribology and metallurgy,
- Mechanical master degree specialized in material science and technological innovation.
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to email@example.com
Course Name: M12 Tribology: Friction, Wear and Lubrication of Mechanical Parts
Course Date: 11th Dec 2019 to 12th Dec 2019 (Wed to Thu)
Closing Date: Closing Date: 25th Oct 2019
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 1,800.00 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
Early Bird: 10% Discount! Registration must reach us by 30th Sep 2019 or
Group Discount: SGD 1,620.00 per person (exclude GST), minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.