M 48: Fatigue Analysis from Finite Element Calculations
Consider the fatigue strength of your components and structures early in the design stage,
from finite element results post-processing.
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
• Build a finite element model suitable for fatigue analysis,
• Know different fatigue life approaches for simple and complex loadings,
• Apply these approaches to evaluate the fatigue strength of mechanical components or structures.
Good understanding and knowledge of material strength and finite element analysis.
Alternating theory and practice through exercises and case studies. Please bring along a scientific calculator.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Engineers and technicians from Design and Simulation departments, in charge of strength calculations and aiming to optimize their structures for fatigue.
- Good practices in finite element modelling for fatigue post-processing: modelling rules, global analysis and postprocessing options.
- Stress-Life approach for high cycle fatigue.
- Strain-Life approach for low cycle fatigue.
- Multiaxial loadings analysis.
- Fatigue of welded structures: seam welds hot spot and notch stress approaches, introduction to spot welds analysis.
This course will be carried out by Dr Mohamed BENNEBACH, structural analysis and fatigue expert at CETIM.
Mohamed is a structural analysis engineer, expert in fatigue of components and structures, with 28+ years’ experience in this field.
He works mainly in the fields of components and structures design, life and residual life evaluation, fatigue testing.
He is involved in private and R&D projects, training and several standardization working groups (CEN/TC 147, UNM05) where he develops specific fatigue calculation methodologies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
• Fatigue testing and material characterization: establishment of material fatigue damage laws,
identification and quantification of influencing factors on fatigue behavior, optimization of fatigue tests.
• Fatigue design and calculation of structures: determination and analysis of life profiles, design assistance, choice of materials and criteria adapted to service conditions, post-processing of finite element results and/or measurements, development of specific calculation methodologies.
• Standardization: participation in national and international working groups.
• Training: creation of training material and animation of several courses. More than 100
• Management and follow-up of major projects on the following themes: Vibration Fatigue,
Reliability, Fatigue Design of Welded Structures, Residual Life Assessment, Fatigue of Composites, Fatigue Technologies for heavy structures industry…Sample customers are ALSTOM, AREVA, BOMBARDIER, CEA, CLAAS, EDF, EUROTUNNEL, GE Energy, MANITOWOC, NEXTER, PEUGEOT, RENAULT, SNCF, THALES, TECHNIP, TOTAL.
• EN 13001 series of standards – Crane design. Support to project leader on prEN 13001-3-8: fatigue of shafts.
• NF E 22057 series of standards – fatigue strength of shafts and axles. Writing of the 3 parts of the standard. Proposal of a part 4 dedicated to complex loadings.
Career: 3 years R&D engineer at RENAULT SA, 5 years teacher on Mechanics and Fatigue at ENSAM (engineering school), 10 years Senior Application Engineer at nCode International (fatigue software editor), Fatigue Expert at Cetim since 2009.
Academic: PhD in Mechanics from Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Arts et Metiers, 1993.
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Name: M 48: Fatigue Analysis from Finite Element Calculations
Course Date: 7th Nov 2019 to 8th Nov 2019 (Thu to Fri)
Closing Date: Closing Date: 27th Sep 2019
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 1,200.00 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
Early Bird: 10% Discount! Registration must reach us by 6th Sep 2019 or
Group Discount: SGD 1,100.00 per person (exclude GST) with minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.