MTS 04 Failure Analysis of Shafts, Gears and Bearings
Understand the causes of failures of power transmission components (shaft, gears and bearings) to better avoid them. Implement appropriate corrective actions using a structured failure analysis approach.
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
• Identify the different aspects of the incriminated parts and the causes of the failures
• Interpret the damage in areas affected by equipment failure
• Implement the damage analysis and the appropriate corrective actions
• To exchange with experts in the field
To have notions of metallurgy, mechanics and kinematics of the gears.
Teaching method alternating theory and practice through case studies or works directed.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Engineers, technicians and more generally anyone facing damage problems in gearboxes and gear sets..
- Practice of failure analysis:
- Failure analysis methodology,
- Precautions before analysis,
- Laboratory analysis techniques.
- Morphological analysis of fractures:
- Fractures and their characteristics;
- The morphological analysis of fractures.
- Shafts failure analysis:
- The main solicitations,
- Typical shaft’s rupture
- Failure due to surface deterioration.
- Failure Analysis on Power Transmission:
- Generalities on transmissions,
- Analysis of lubricants in use.
- Practice of gear damage analysis:
- General considerations;
- Main aspects of the gear teeth in service.
- Practice of bearing damage analysis:
- General considerations;
- Typical deteriorations.
- Real case studies of damage
- Questions / answers
This course will be conducted by Mr. Robert SHANDRO, Technical expert in the field, involved in consulting missions and technical assistance.
Mechanical Engineer – Materials & Construction. Specialized in mechanical power transmission components. A Specialist in Failure Analysis, Consulting and Technical Assistance in industries including Aerospace, Energy, Transportation, Shipbuilding
An expert in capacity calculation of gears, terminologies, notation, strength and quality of
materials for gears.
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
- Global assessment on fixed and turning parts of mechanical systems
- Failure analysis on power transmission components
- Expert witness for litigation and insurance claims
- Design and dimensioning assistance
- Training on failure analysis
- Standardization works.
- CGG : From failure analysis to power transmission design (gearboxes of a scientific
- SAFRAN : Global assessment on AGB (Accessory Gear-Box), TGB (Transfer Gear-Box)
and RDS (Radial Shaft)
- EDF-EN : Failure analysis on blade bearings and gearbox of wind turbine
- NEXTER: Power transmission failure analysis and tests of an armoured vehicle
- DEGREMONT: Assessment and rehabilitation of a pumping station
- 5 years as Design Engineer (electric motors and generators)
- 12 years as Technical Advisor (Judicial Expertise)
- 13 years as Project Manager at CETIM
- From year 2019 – Principal Consultant at MATCOR
Engineer – Mechanics of Structures (UPT 1986)
Engineer – Materials (ISMCM 1992)
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to email@example.com
Course Name: MTS 04 Failure Analysis of Shafts, Gears and Bearings
Course Date: 13th Nov 2019 to 15th Nov 2019 (Wed to Fri)
Closing Date: Closing Date: 18th Oct 2019
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 1,800.00 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
Early Bird: 10% Discount! Registration must reach us by 30th Sep 2019 or
Group Discount: SGD 1,620.00 per person (exclude GST), minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.