MTS 05 Gear Failures and Tribology of Gears
Understand gear failures and tribology of gears to avoid disruptions to operations.
Implement appropriate corrective actions using a structured failure analysis approach.
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
• Understand the tribological aspects of in-service gear drives
• Explain the mechanisms of damage and identify the causes of the failures
• Propose appropriate corrective actions
• To exchange with experts in the field
To have notions of metallurgy, mechanics and kinematics of the gears.
Teaching method alternating theory and practice through case studies or works directed.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Engineers and technicians of Design Offices, production and measurement departments.
- Gear drives – Overview:
- Type of gear transmissions
- Kinematic meshing
- Manufacturing processes
- Materials and heat treatments
- Tribology for gear applications:
- Basic notions of tribology
- Lubrication and lubricants
- Operation of parallel axes gears
- Tribology of gear mesh
- Lubrication for gear transmissions
- Main failures of gears in service
- Phenomena affecting the surface of the teeth
- Aspects of the teeth due to permanent deformations
- Aspects of the teeth after fracture
- Case studies
- Calculation of cylindrical teeth (information)
- Monitoring of gears
- Overview of the test methods and means
- Monitoring of in-service reducers and gear assemblies
- Monitoring of gear assemblies: lubricant analysis
- Training Evaluation
- Review daily assessment (oral)
- Final assessment questionnaire
This course will be conducted by Mr. Robert SHANDRO, Gear Failure Analysis Expert
Mechanical Engineer – Materials & Construction. Specialized in mechanical power transmission components. A Specialist in Failure Analysis, Consulting and Technical Assistance in industries including Aerospace, Energy, Transportation, Shipbuilding
An expert in capacity calculation of gears, terminologies, notation, strength and quality of
materials for gears.
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
- Global assessment on fixed and turning parts of mechanical systems
- Failure analysis on power transmission components
- Expert witness for litigation and insurance claims
- Design and dimensioning assistance
- Training on failure analysis
- Standardization works.
- CGG : From failure analysis to power transmission design (gearboxes of a scientific
- SAFRAN : Global assessment on AGB (Accessory Gear-Box), TGB (Transfer Gear-Box)
and RDS (Radial Shaft)
- EDF-EN : Failure analysis on blade bearings and gearbox of wind turbine
- NEXTER: Power transmission failure analysis and tests of an armoured vehicle
- DEGREMONT: Assessment and rehabilitation of a pumping station
- 5 years as Design Engineer (electric motors and generators)
- 12 years as Technical Advisor (Judicial Expertise)
- 13 years as Project Manager at CETIM
- From year 2019 – Principal Consultant at MATCOR
Engineer – Mechanics of Structures (UPT 1986)
Engineer – Materials (ISMCM 1992)
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to email@example.com
Course Name: MTS 05 Gears Failures and Tribology of Gears
Course Date: TBA
Closing Date: TBA
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 1,200.00 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
Early Bird: 10% Discount! Registration must reach us by TBA or
Group Discount: SGD 1,100.00 per person (exclude GST), minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.