MTS 06 Gears: Definition, Manufacturing, Control and Implementation
Discover the key elements needed to achieve quality gears and be more efficient in your
discussions with experts
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
• Consult a definition plan, a range of manufacture, a report of and extracting the useful elements;
• Understand and follow the whole process of making a gear, design at the reception;
• Identify the theoretical and practical elements that are essential for producing quality gears and
guarantee their service life.
Teaching method alternating theory and practice through case studies or works directed.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Technicians in the methods, control, quality and manufacturing departments, but also all those (project managers, sales engineers, buyers and who want to know about gears and their implementation work.
- Basic concepts on the geometry of gears to “Teeth in involute”
- Spur and helical gears;
- Meshing (driving report, interference, slip);
- Tooth corrections (profile and helix corrections);
- Resistance to contact pressure and breakage, service life.
- The principles of manufacture of cylindrical gears (for each machining process, presentation of machines and tools):
- Gear cutting processes (hob, pinion);
- Finishing processes of teeth (grinding, shaving, honing);
- Other machining processes.
- Principles of tolerancing and control of cylindrical gears:
- Control of teeth in manufacture;
- Metrological control of the teeth;
- Case study: reading of plans and exploitation of measurements.
- Operating clearance;
- Lubrication and evacuation of calories;
- Behavior and the degradation of the teeth in use;
- Notions of maintenance linked to the monitoring of gearboxes (noise, vibrations
- Examples of gear assemblies (gearboxes with parallel trains, planetary transmissions …).
- Presentation of other types of gears.
This course will be conducted by Mr. Robert SHANDRO, Gear Failure Analysis Expert
Mechanical Engineer – Materials & Construction. Specialized in mechanical power transmission components. A Specialist in Failure Analysis, Consulting and Technical Assistance in industries including Aerospace, Energy, Transportation, Shipbuilding
An expert in capacity calculation of gears, terminologies, notation, strength and quality of
materials for gears.
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
- Global assessment on fixed and turning parts of mechanical systems
- Failure analysis on power transmission components
- Expert witness for litigation and insurance claims
- Design and dimensioning assistance
- Training on failure analysis
- Standardization works.
- CGG : From failure analysis to power transmission design (gearboxes of a scientific
- SAFRAN : Global assessment on AGB (Accessory Gear-Box), TGB (Transfer Gear-Box)
and RDS (Radial Shaft)
- EDF-EN : Failure analysis on blade bearings and gearbox of wind turbine
- NEXTER: Power transmission failure analysis and tests of an armoured vehicle
- DEGREMONT: Assessment and rehabilitation of a pumping station
- 5 years as Design Engineer (electric motors and generators)
- 12 years as Technical Advisor (Judicial Expertise)
- 13 years as Project Manager at CETIM
- From year 2019 – Principal Consultant at MATCOR
Engineer – Mechanics of Structures (UPT 1986)
Engineer – Materials (ISMCM 1992)
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Name: MTS 06 Gears: Definition, Manufacturing, Control and Implementation
Course Date: 4th Sep to 5th Sep 2019 (Wed to Thu)
Closing Date: 17th Aug 2019
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 1,200.00 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
Early Bird: 10% Discount! Registration must reach us by 2nd Aug 2019, Friday or
Group Discount: SGD 1,100.00 per person (exclude GST), minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.