RDM02: Material Resistance and Sizing Level 2 – Improvement
Use the advanced notions of strength of materials to check the resistance of structures to
buckling and fatigue phenomena.
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
• Identify the structures to be calculated and build a complete model of the structure
• Use RDM calculation methods for the sizing or verification of complete structures
• Search the sizing quantities (restraint, deformations, displacement) for the main “ruin modes” in the elements of the structure, produce a calculation note of the complete structure
• Evaluate the service life of the complete structure
• Check fatigue behaviour of welded joints and structural elements.
Participants must possess an engineering diploma level with experience in the application of the RDM rules or have attended Reference RDM01 course – Basic Applications.
Alternating theory and practice, including case studies. Please bring along a scientific calculator.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for Engineering Technicians, Engineers, Consultants, Inspectors from Operations and Maintenance Services applicable to all industries.
- Revision of the basis of the RDM
- The hyperstatic systems:
- energy method
- force method
- General introduction to fatigue
- Dimensioning of structures subjected to fatigue solicitations uniaxial
- Case study in uniaxial fatigue
- Calculation of structures subject to buckling: case of beams
- Dimensioning of welded joints subject to loads of tired
- Calculation of plates and shells by RDM
Some of the examples will be illustrated with the use of finite element software (CASTER) for RDM calculation.
After the training, an examination is available for the participants via the internet.
It is based on a set of questions covering the essential points of the training with answers are supported by course reminders. A copy of this document may be saved and retained by the trainees.
This course will be carried out by Mr. Philippe THEPAULT, a technical expert of the sector, involved in consulting and technical assistance missions in companies.
Philippe is a structural analysis engineer and a finite element software developer of CETIM (Technical Institute of the French Mechanical Industry).
He works mainly in the CETIM finite element software development called Castor, strength of
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
• Development of technical software
• Design support and optimization of machines
• Seismic resistant design calculations
• Training (strength of materials, software use)
• Management of professional working groups
• Fatigue calculations
• PROMILL: Investigation of the causes of the cracking of fatigue welds in a drying tube by calculation
• CASTOR: Integration of the continuum shell element in the software
• SECAL: Seismic structural analysis of an overhead crane
• EUROTUNNEL: analysis of calculation notes
Career: structural engineer at CETIM since 1989
Academic: Mechanical Engineering, Engineer, ENSAM, 1987
To register for the course, please complete this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Name: RDM02 : Material Resistance and Sizing Level 2 – Improvement
Course Date: 23rd Jun 2020 to 25th Jun 2020 (Tue to Thu)
Closing Date: 12th May 2020
Venue: 3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
Time: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm each day
Course Fee: SGD 1,800.00 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
Early Bird: 10% Discount! Registration must reach us by 21st Apr 2020, Tuesday
Group Discount: SGD 1,620.00 per person (exclude GST) with minimum 3 participants from the same company
Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd”.
Overseas participants are to pay in Singapore Dollar bank draft ONLY. If payment is by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER, please add S$70.00 for administrative and bank charges
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Lim or Ms. Lynn Tan at +6567788285 or email us at email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund:
• Any cancellation made after closing date –no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
• Any cancellation made before closing date –full refund.
• MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary.