PV FEA : Pressure Vessel Dimensioning
The only FEA program on the market enabling fast and accurate “Complex Pressure Vessel dimensioning” in accordance with building codes Codap®, ASME and EN13445
Castor PV FEA brings powerful and validated solution based on more than 50 years of industry experience in pressure vessels dimensioning and optimization. It is also applicable for accessories, structures and mechanical components.
PV FEA is capable of processing loadings that cannot be done directly by regular codes, such as:
- loadings that are not pressured (punctual or sharing stresses)
- heads with off-center or slanted openings
- near large angles outside of limits
- close vicinity to pipes etc.
PV FEA enables the dimensioning and optimization of complex Pressure Vessels in many engineering disciplines such as aeronautical, food, chemical, shipbuilding, gas, nuclear, offshore, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, filtration, brewing, beverage, water treatment, piping and power.
Handled complex Geometry: PV FEA contains powerful modelling and meshing units.
Using Finite Element Analysis which is better than Analytic methods:
- Intersections of piping elements
- Special components for which internal pressure design stress codes are available but no calculation norms for external forces and moments
- Components where the standards of k- and i- factors are unsatisfactory
- Special components without k- and i- factors defined in the stress codes
- Analysis of local stress utilization, e.g. for life-time analysis
- Optimization of details in pipe and vessel constructions
- Nozzle and cams at vessel with or without reinforcement
- Big diameter tubes with mitre bends
- Calculations with to measured pipe segments (as-build), e.g. bends
- Damage analysis of bend deformation due to internal pressure or bending in oval bends
- Constraints counting in accordance with the code
- Constraints linearization in thickness for 2D and 3D volume elements
- Detailed fatigue analysis in accordance with code
- Rectangular and non-circular Pressure Vessel analysis
- Comprehensive error checking for saddle, leg, and skirt design
- Analysis for horizontal shipping of vertical vessels
- Wind analysis
- Steel databases and modelling
WHY CHOOSE PV FEA
- Affordable, taking into account that the software deals with complex Pressure Vessel dimensioning.
- 50 years of experience in mechanical product computation, dimensioning and analysis
- Training and Consultancy services available