CAE System for Static and Dynamic Analysis of Complex Piping and Steel Structures
Regional Distributor for South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand
ROHR2 is the leading Software for Pipe Stress Analysis, a standard tool for pipe static and structural framework analysis.
Tasks of ROHR2
The main tasks of ROHR2 are component analysis, construction and structural analysis of complex piping systems and associated steel structures.
Stress analyses of pipe components can be carried out in accordance with a variety of specifications such as ASME, EN, ISO14692, KTA, CODETI or RCCM.
ROHR2 creates the load case superposition and the equations automatically according to the selected stress specification.
ROHR2 compares existing and allowable stresses. The results will be documented in lists and graphical presentations. The range of applications is completed by internal pressure analysis and flange and nozzle calculation modules.
The dynamic analysis includes the calculation of Eigen values and mode shapes and their analysis by means of different modal response methods or direct integration method (e.g. analysis of fluid hammer forces).
The earthquake analysis is based on the Method of Time – History.
An efficient superposition module enables a versatile selection and combination of static and dynamic results as well as the generation of extreme values for loads on supports, components and nozzles.
Stress codes in ROHR2 Static and Dynamic
|ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.5, ASME B31.8
Equivalent stresses according to von Mises and Tresca
|Nuclear Power||ASME Cl. 1, ASME Cl. 2, ASME Cl. -3
ASME Cl. 1, Fatigue analysis
KTA 3201.2, KTA 3211.2
RCC-M Cl.1, RCC-M Cl.2, RCC-M Cl.3
|Buried pipes||EN 13941
AGFW, AGFW FW401
|Offshore||B31.4 Chapter IX
B31.8 Chapter VIII
|GRP Pipes||ISO 14692
British Standard 7159
|Steel frameworks||Stress analysis for Structural Steel Sections following:
ROHR2 – Input of the piping system, results and documentation
The graphical user interface ROHR2win is the pre- and post-processor of ROHR2. All inputs can be made using ROHR2win.
A wide range of control functions enables the user to check the input data easily. All results can be displayed and checked when reports are generated.
Calculation and presentation of the results
After running the calculation Analysis results are shown tabulated and graphically. All result details are easy to retrieve by mouse click.
Documentation and presentation of the results
Analysis results are shown tabulated and graphically. All result details are within easy reach by a mouse click.
Load case results
Graphical presentation of displacements and detailed results at selected nodes.
- Graphical representation of displacements, rotations, forces, moments and equivalent stresses for calculated load case and load cases created by superposition
- Spatial presentation only for x, y or z direction zoom, pan and rotate-function available
- Detailed results for a selected node by mouse-click
- Results in global or local coordinate system
- Tabulated overviews can be modified by user using filter functions
- Interaction between table and graphics, selected node in graphics is highlighted in table and vice versa
Coloured presentation of stress utilization and detailed results at selected nodes
- Tabulated overview of stresses
- graphical representation of stresses for the selected equation,
- equations are defined automatically depending on the defined load cases
- stress analysis according to different specifications for different parts of the piping system
- stress analysis may be limited to selected parts of a piping system
- detailed results for a selected node by mouse click
- results may be printed or saved in rtf-, html or csv format (e.g. MS Office)
- tabulated overview may be modified via filter functions
- sort results by mouse click e. g. acc. to utilization or node number
- interaction between table and graphics, selected node in graphic is highlighted in table and vice versa
Loads on nozzles and supports
Graphical presentation of loads on nozzles and/or supports and detailed results at selected supports.
Nozzles at vessels
- Possibility to define and document allowable loads at nozzles
- Consider vessel flexibility in pipe stress calculation
- Nozzles with support conditions, spring rates, allowable loads and specific coordinate systems
- graphical representation of loads for the selected load cases and for all or for selected supports
- detailed results for a selected node by mouse-click
- tabulated overview may be modified by user using filter functions
- sort results by click e. g. acc. to load in any direction or displacement in any direction
- interaction between table and graphics, selected node in graphics is highlighted in table and vice versa
Reports – documentation of the analysis
ROHR2 Report generation
ROHR2 offers functionality for customized report generation. Certain pre-defined templates for the generation of reports are included in the scope of delivery of ROHR2. These template may be used and changed to customize result reports fulfilling the specific needs of the user.
An additional appendix to the report may be defined e.g. for printing complete calculation results.
The report capabilities include free formatting of ROHR2 text modules and the refreshing of the report when input changes are made and the analysis is redone the calculation changes.
ROHR2iso completes the graphical user interface of ROHR2 by isometric drawing functionality.
- ROHR2iso creates scaled and not-scaled pipe isometrics.
- The module allows to add dimensions, welding nodes and additional parameters like height data or user defined texts and graphics.
- The creation of single- and cumulative part lists is implemented.
- Calculation and isometric modules work well with the same model.
- Modification of the calculation model automatically influences and updates as well the isometric representation.
The benefits of ROHR2iso :
Minimal efforts for training users
The separate program module ROHR2iso is integrated into ROHR2win. Multiple inputs are not required: each data entry is made for calculation and isometric drawing.
Significantly reduced efforts in data input and editing
Enormous advantages arise when performing system optimization or system changes. If there are changes in geometry or in technical requirements, the calculation and isometrics may be adapted in one step.
- Automatic creation of simply dimensioned isometrics. Dimensions can be adapted to the user’s needs.
- Creation of single and cumulative part lists completed by general system information
- Export of isometric drawings via clipboard and part lists to spread sheet format.
- Generation of isometries for the entire or partial system, for particular lines or defined views.
- Welding seams: Insert welds at all components automatically or manually at individual nodes
- Instruments: Select symbols from a library to represent instruments in the system.
Elevation levels / Height indicators: Height parameters may be inserted and positioned at any node.
Program system ROHR2 – Optional modules and interfaces
The program system ROHR2 is equipped by a range of additional features enhancing the engineer’s daily job, as there are FEM analysis (ROHR2FESU), and a wide range of interfaces covering the leading CAD/CAE systems.
Finite element analysis of substructures in ROHR2
ROHR2fesu is an additional module in the program system ROHR2 for detailed analysis of local segments in pipes and vessels.
ROHR2fesu offers the easy-to-use modelling of substructures by nearly any circle and elliptic geometry using shell elements, fully integrated in the ROHR2 framework. This enables to carry out detailed analysis of critical segments inside the framework of the entire model. The shell element substructure analysis is carried out using FE-method. Stress analyses following EN 13445, Appendix C, ASME Section VIII, Div. 2, Part 5 and AD S4
The mesh generator of ROHR2fesu automatically integrates intersections of branches, trunnions, and nozzles with and without reinforcement. ROHR2fesu allows controlling the mesh resolution in a simple way.
ROHR2fesu has been verified extensively by comparison against reference solutions of standard problems.
Tasks of ROHR2fesu
The task of ROHR2fesu is the modelling and calculation of shell-substructures for the detailed analysis of stiffness and stresses in concentrated segments of the piping structure.
The determination of the substructure in the framework is made on the basis of a stiffness matrix.
The results of a ROHR2fesu calculation are a stiffness matrix and loads at nodes from element loads and extra loads (e.g. loads concentrated on the sub structure) at connection points.
The load cases and load case combinations of the ROHR2 framework model used to determine the element stresses within the shell structure.
The assignment of operation data (pressure, temperature, medium density) at each load case in the framework is done analogue to the ROHR2 framework.
ROHR2 – Integration into CAD- and CAE-Systems
A variety of interfaces to CAD/CAE-systems are available to integrate ROHR2 into the existing workflow.
The integration of ROHR2 is completed by third-party interface products.
Concerning the optimization of your workflow, our specialists will advise upon request, especially regarding the data import and export to ROHR2.
ROHR2 included interfaces
A comprehensive number of interface modules is part of the ROHR2 standard package:
- Neutral CAD Interface including Export AVEVA PDMS/E3D – ROHR2
- DXF format Import, CSV format Import
- Export Interface into the Support Design Programs LICAD, FLEXPERTE, CASCADE
- CAESAR II Import, PIPESTRESS Import, CAEPIPE Import, KWUROHR(SIEMENS) Import
- SINETZ Export, PIPENET Import-Export, FLOWNEX Import-Export
- Load-time-functions e.g. FLOWMASTER, AFT Impulse Import
- ROHR2 CAD Interface package : PCF, PDS, PASCE, PXF, SDNF Interface
- ROHR2 CAESAR II Export
Flange design in accordance with EN 1591-1, ASME VIII, Div.1.
Flange analysis with the optional available module ROHR2flange in accordance with
- EN 1591-1:2011
- EN 1591-1:2014
- EN 13445-3:2010 Annex G
- ASME VIII, Div.1:2010
- Automatic analysis of all flanges in the system taking into account all load cases. The number of load cases can be reduced by the user.
- Automatic generation of load case combinations required for the analyses.
- Simple pre-settings of the flange parameters by means of standard values for flanges, screws and gaskets.
- The flanges may be modified individually and in detail.
- Report of the calculation results in a list.
- Automatic generation of a calculation report in German or English.