Fluidic networks: Understand Failures and Optimize Equipment
Presentation of different damages occurring on fluidic networks, the reasons of their occurring and the means to prevent them.
- Failure analysis & fluidic networks: Most of failures encountered on fluid systems are the consequence of a wrong component sizing at design stage. In such a case, analysis of the ruptured component is not sufficient; a global system approach is necessary. The matter is illustrated through water hammer problem and a couple of case studies.
- Assemblies “The importance of the correct sizing and the quality of the construction for the good behavior of the networks”
- Detection of cavitation “Implementation of a system by non-intrusive method (PVDF)”
Topics covered during the presentation:
Features presented from case studies:
- Water hammers
- Safety valve and check valve oversizing
- Flow calculations
- Component sizing
- Problems of design and fabrication on welded, brazes, bonded and bolted failed assemblies
- Detection of cavitation.
The webinar will be presented by our French experts Mr Cédric Alzard (Fluid systems technical expert), Samuel Cretin (Assembly Technologies Engineer), Thibaut Gras (Vibro-acoustic engineer), supported by Mr. Cyril TRUNET.
• Technical support in fluid system design and failure analysis
• Thermo-hydraulic component sizing
• Training, support and knowledge transfert
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
- Network component sizing: motopumps, valves, piping, tanks, orifices, etc.
- Fluid calculations (1D simulations): head losses, flow balance, transients, water hammer
- Overpressure protection: design pressure calculation & safety valve sizing
- Process : instrumentation and control
- Free surface flow: pumping stations, weirs, etc.
- Hydraulic tests engineering: test bench sizing, tests operations
- R&D studies stirring tanks, pumping suction conditions, 1D simulation tools tests
- Failure analysis on a fire fighting circuit – Naval Group
- Network modeling – Velan
- Root cause analysis – GE Power
- Corrective actions – EDF
- Dynamic performance tests on a control valve – Getinge Lancer
- Strainer system operating tests – Technicatome
- Aerospace component test characterisation – Ariane Group
- tools tests – KSB
- Process & calculation engineering manager, Alstom Power, 2006 – 2016
- Technical business leader, CETIM since 2017
- Engineer Polytech’Orléans, specialized in energetic systems and fluid dynamics
Mechanical Doctor-Engineer, specialised in structural dynamics and acoustics. Thibaut has been working at CETIM since 2017 as a vibro-acoustics project leader. He works on noise and vibration issues in the transport sector and in construction works.
His main areas of expertise are linked with experimental characterization of vibro/hydro-acoustic sources to simulate the dynamic behavior of complex structures.
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
- Measurements and expertise applied to industrial issues
- Numerical simulation in vibro/hydro-acoustics
- Characterization of vibro/hydro-acoustics sources
- Surveillance and monitoring of defects
- Development of post-processing tools
- Cavitation detection using a non- intrusive method Numerical simulation in vibro/hydro-acoustics
- Hydroacoustic characterization of a pump using a multi impedance method
- Characterization of a compressor blocked forces
- Railenium (2014 -2017): Numerical analysis researcher
- CETIM (since 2017): Vibro-acoustics project leader
- PhD Student (2014 -2017): Numerical modelisation of the dynamic behaviour of railway tracks (UTC Compiègne)
- Mechanical Engineer (UTC Compiègne)
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
Design and redesign of assemblies:
Analysis of the design considering the different modes of mechanical stress (static, dynamic and cyclic)
Proposals for improvement solutions in the design, production and execution of welded joints
Choice of materials for welding
Failure analysis and expertise:
Determination of the causes of assembly failures
Proposals for preventive, corrective and curative solutions
Feasibility studies and industrialization, technical and economic expertise
Choice of processes:
Definition of conditions for implementation and integration into production,
Qualification of operating modes
Specific product / process developments
Diagnosis and inspection of welded and brazed structures:
On-site interventions for diagnosis of assemblies and inspections according to different standards (standards and codes) and Cetim recommendations / recommendations
Establishment of recommendations for the operation of welded structures, repair instructions, inspection plans and controls
Training sessions on the design, production and behavior of welded joints
Services of choice of assembly technologies according to the criteria on the manufacturing (industrialization, productivity, robotization) and on the product (design, characteristics and properties of the assemblies) in various contexts (energy, agro-food, Defense)
Welding tests for industrialization (development of welding operating procedures, metallurgical and mechanical characterization of assemblies, impacts on industrialization)
Technical and economic studies on the industrialization of welding (Design of assemblies for robotization, Choice of welding processes, definition of the architecture of the robotic installation, economic study) for the defense and food industries
Guidance on mastering welding deformations (welding procedures to limit overheating and deformation on different mechanically welded equipment)
Welding Institute (1997-2001): Inspector and
CETIM (since 2001): Technical Expert
and manager of the Assembly technologies department in Nantes
Welding engineer (ESSA graduate) – IWE
Materials Engineer (Polytech Nantes)
Participation is free but registration is compulsory.
Course Name: Fluidic networks: Understand Failures and Optimize Equipment
Date & Time: 14th October 2020, Wednesday at 3:30 pm (GMT+8)
Venue: From your home / office and via Internet, attend a webinar with our expert for free!