WEL 02 REACH & ROHS: EUROPEAN REGULATIONS
Compliance with REACH & ROHS regulations. Specially adapted for companies based
outside the EU. Learn how to apply it effectively
In many European countries, environmental protection is an obligation for the company. Some of them may involve the supply chain, which is the case with Reach & RoHS, even if part of the supply chain is outside the European Union (herein called “EU”).
This training is specially adapted for companies, based outside the EU, that export articles to the EU and have to comply with the REACH & ROHS regulations imposed by their customers.
Upon completion of the training, the trainees will be equipped with a good understanding of the following:
- The main requirements of the REACH regulation (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization of CHEMICALS)
- The responsibilities of the different stakeholders in the EU, namely producers, importers, distributors, users.
- The responsibilities of companies outside the EU and understand their relationships in the implementation of REACH.
- The challenges of REACH regulation in the EU and the implications of companies outside the EU.
Interactive Virtual Learning with “Classilio”. Alternating theory and practice, including case studies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Individuals and companies that export articles to the EU and have to comply with the REACH & ROHS regulations. Manufacturers, engineers, operations and supply chain management and executives for the EU market.
Module 1- The fundamentals of Reach / RoHS – 2 hours
- General principles
- Scope and main targets
- General presentation of requirements (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation)
- Latest news: New targeted substances
- Focus on authorisation procedure
Module 2 – Focus on SVHC*, communication within the supply chain – 2 hours
- Reminder of the requirements related to the authorisation process
- Status and responsibilities of European companies in relation to the authorization process
- Substances currently targeted in Europe as part of this process
- Communication requirements within the supply chain in relation to the substances currently targeted
- Case study: approach to understand the implementation of communication requirements and challenges
Module 3 – Customer/supplier relations Europe and outside Europe – 2 hours
- Reminder of the requirements related to the authorisation process
- Status and involvement of companies outside European in relation to the authorisation process
- Communication with customers, suppliers and institutions
- Examples of communication between customers / suppliers
Module 4 – Traceability of hazardous substances – 2 hours
- Identification of regulated and dangerous substances: SVHC (candidate list, authorization list (ANNEX XIV) and restrictions (ANNEX XVII))
- Mechanical materials and processes impacted by REACH and / or RoHS
- Read and interpret a Safety Data Sheet
- How to go further on the traceability of hazardous substances (tools…)
SVHC* Substances of Very High Concern
This course will be carried out by Ms. Samira ABDESSLAM, a Structural Analysis expert and a French representative in the European Crane Design Standards Committee.
Samira ABDESSLAM works in the field of sustainable development for more than 15 years. She acquired her vast and deep experience through projects covering the organization of companies of various sizes, in various sectors, as well as their products, work processes and site locations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
- Project Manager
- Support in the management of obsolescence related to REACH and RoHS for materials, products and processes.
- Guided and assisted in the development of a global substitution plan for materials and processes
- Conception and holding of project management instruction and training
- Head of a consortium of 14 contractors for more than 10 years in various industries such as space, aeronautics, railway, automotive and energy etc.
- Project manager of many contractors in space, aeronautics, transport, rail, defence and energy etc.
- Assist companies in understanding the requirements of the Reach regulation
- Identify the impacts of Reach in the mechanical sector, processes and materials involving surface treatment, assembly processes, polymers and metals etc.
- Identify substitution processes with other Cetim Business Units
- Ericsson (2000-2002) – Environment Manager
- Cetim (2002-2020) – Project Manager
- Sustainable Development Engineer (EME / Rennes – 1999)
Virtual Learning Registration Form
To register for the course, please complete this form.
Course Name: WEL 02 REACH & ROHS
Course Date: Singapore Time 3.30pm – 5.30pm (GMT+8), Europe Time 8.30am -10.30am (GMT+2)
|05 Nov 2020, Thursday||Module 1||The fundamentals of Reach & RoHS|
|12 Nov 2020, Thursday||Module 2||Focus on SVHC*, communication within the supply chain|
|26 Nov 2020, Thursday||Module 3||Customer/supplier relations Europe and outside Europe|
|03 Dec 2020, Thursday||Module 4||Traceability of hazardous substances|
Time: 3.30pm – 5.30pm (GMT+8) for a 2-hours session each day for 4 days, total 8 hours for four modules.
Closing Date: 22nd October 2020, Thursday.
Virtual Learning: A link to join the Virtual Learning will be sent to you upon confirmation and receipt of fees.
Limited seats are available for best results
Registrations will be confirmed in writing and is subject to availability
Course Fee: SGD 1,120.00 OR EUR 700.00 OR USD 830.00 per person (exclude GST)
Early Bird: Registration must reach us on or before 18th September 2020, Friday:
SGD 1,000.00 OR EUR 625.00 OR USD 740.00 per person (exclude GST)
Group Discount: : With minimum 3 participants from the same company.
SGD1,000.00 OR EUR 625.00 OR USD 740.00 per person (exclude GST)
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account No/Iban: 032-004152-3.
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For further information, please contact Ms. Ng Pei Shyan or Ms. Irene Lim at +6567788285 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary